P1 million reward offered for capture of gunman who killed Baguio imam
Photo – Baguio Pulisya Syete

BAGUIO – Muslims from Marawi said they have collected P1 million to serve as a reward for the capture of the gunman in the shooting of Imam Bedejim Abdullah.

Abdullah was shot dead in broad daylight Thursday last week in Baguio City.

The Baguio City Police Office on Tuesday released photos of the suspect that they recovered from CCTV cameras installed near the crime scene.

Anyone with information about the suspect is urged to call the nearest police station for immediate verification.

A Special Investigation Task Group is set to give updates about the case this week.

As the Muslim community continues to clamor for justice, various groups will be conducting prayers rallies this Friday in Baguio City and Marawi City on Sunday evening.

Imam Joel Omar asked Muslims in Baguio to remain hopeful that the police will soon solve the case.

“At tayong mga Muslim manatili tayong mapayapa at ipagkatiwala natin sa kapulisan ang sitwasyon,” he said.

Pastor Herman Ilagan, a missionary evangelist in Baguio, condemned the killing.

“Kami po ay kinokondena namin yung ganitong uri ng pamamaslang sapagkat bagamat hindi natin pinag-uusapan dito ang relihiyon, subalit tayo ay iisa lamang sa pananampalataya, kinakailangan natin dito ay paggalang,” he said.

“Nananawagan ako ng pansin para sa ating kapulisan at local government na pagtuunan natin ang peace and order sa ating lungsod.” – Justin Aguilar, ABS-CBN News